Exceed Academies Trust currently consists of seven schools:
- Copthorne Primary School – A Founding School, judged Outstanding by Ofsted
- Horton Grange Primary School – A Founding School, judged Outstanding by Ofsted
- Horton Park Primary School – A Founding School, judged Good by Ofsted
- Appleton Academy ( All through Primary – Secondary) – A Sponsored Academy, previously judged Requires Improvement by Ofsted under different leadership
- Holybrook Primary School – A Sponsored Academy, previously judged Inadequate by Ofsted under different leadership
- Harden Primary School – A converter Academy, judged Good by Ofsted
- Bradford Alternative Provision Academy (previously Bradford Central PRU) – A converter Academy, judged Outstanding by Ofsted
Our academies are located within the Bradford district and serve communities with some of the highest levels of social and economic deprivation in the city. Despite significant socio-economic challenges and the vast majority of the pupils having English as an additional language and a high proportion of those being completely new to English, the schools have secured and maintained high pupil outcomes at the end of Key Stage 2 over several years.
Our three founding primary schools achieved some of the highest 2018 Key Stage 2 outcomes nationally and in Bradford, with 4 of Bradford’s top 5 schools (in terms of progress) being part of the Exceed Academies Trust. Two of our schools earned places in the Sunday Times Top 250 Primary Schools in England.
Our improvement model reflects the preferred DfE approach of ‘stabilise, repair, improve and sustain’.
The Trust recognises its moral purpose to support schools and academies across the city and the region. This has underpinned the accreditation and development of two Teaching Schools that jointly lead an alliance of partner schools and academies. Since September 2017, the trust also became responsible for a SCITT (School Centre for Initial Teaching Training). Although the SCITT is a fairly new venture, our schools have been leading and delivering initial teacher training for more than 10 years.
Our proven development model involves building capacity, dynamic leadership, a relentless focus on raising standards and establishing accountability, consistency and sustainability across our partnerships.