Why should you train to be a teacher with Exceed SCITT?
Do get in touch and talk with us so you can learn all about why you should train with Exceed SCITT, we’d love to meet you. In the meantime, here’s a quick summary of what we feel are the important points for you to consider:
- We’re school centered. Exceed SCITT and Exceed Partnership, Shanidar School Direct and Westerton Partnership are all based in schools that lead on initial teacher training. Our programmes are planned and delivered by schools. We have an integrated approach so you know two schools well, helping you become an inspirational trainee teacher more rapidly.
- We’re teachers. We do the job everyday. We can bring you real life examples and immerse you in the school experience. We bring excellent practitioners from the classroom, teachers and school leaders, to share their knowledge and expertise with you. Supporting you and children to excel.
- We care. We’re committed to having cohorts of trainees at both a Leeds Hub and Bradford Hub of no more than 40 trainees. That helps us to support you and address your needs as an individual.
- You gain QTS and a PGCE. Our trainees usually gain two qualifications: Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and the Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) giving academic rigour and an internationally recognised award.
- We want to give you a job. We want to employ all our trainees if possible and have an excellent record in ensuring our trainees gain employment. See what our teachers and trainees think!
- We have Hubs in Bradford and Leeds. This gives you a choice as to where you’d like to be based. Our partnership schools cover three geographical areas, Bradford, Keighley and Leeds making them easy to access.
- Our partnership of schools is diverse.Take a look at the schools in our partnership. They are extremely diverse. This is great for our trainee teachers as we can show them and teach them so much. You will have opportunity to explore diversity in the classroom, for example, working with children who are new to English, children with specials educational needs and disabilities, children who need stretch and challenge…the list goes on!
- We offer salaried and tuition fee routes (£9250 for 2019-20). We want to help everyone who wants to teach to become a teacher. Applicants to salaried places should consider whether they can evidence the transferable employment skills from their employment history to the programme. Read more about applications for salaried places here. Applicants to the Teaching Apprenticeships must be working in school and have the support of their employer. Read more about applications for Teaching Apprenticeships here.
- We have two Teaching Schools. Teaching Schools are ‘Outstanding’ schools that help other schools to improve. We run training programmes for all teachers and school leaders throughout their career. So, you can train to be teacher with us and then access support all the way until you become a Headteacher and beyond. The Teaching Schools give school staff all sorts of great opportunities. Click here to read about the impact our Teaching Schools have.
Here what the Head of Initial Teacher Education at Exceed has to say…