Join Exceed Academies Trust
We believe school improvement is strongest when schools work together. At its best, school improvement brings together a sense of collaboration, constructive challenge, and positive change. As an Educational Charity that runs schools, we believe in a deep long-term commitment to schools, children and communities. We are happy to support schools that face challenges and are keen to work with schools who align to our vision and values and who are willing to support the wider system. We are driven by moral purpose and a desire to enable social mobility. We build our relationships on an honest, challenging and open culture, partnership working and shared determination for success in every school. We back our headteachers as they are best placed to make decisions about their schools. We back local governance to help drive what is right for their schools, their staff, their pupils and their communities.
You can find out more about our principles and practice in a summary of our School Improvement Strategy accessible at the bottom of the page.
Exceed Academies Trust welcomes new schools from all phases to our family. Whether your school is seeking to convert to become an academy to join a strong partnership of schools or seeking sponsorship from a Trust with a strong moral purpose, we’d welcome the opportunity to talk with school leaders and governors and tell you about what we can offer.
As a trust, we:
- support headteachers to lead their own school improvement with autonomy
- understand that each school has a unique context. We do not standardise provision, including curriculum, teaching and learning models, and assessment practices
- have a successful track record of improving pupil outcomes in high-performing schools and those on an improvement journey
- prioritise teacher recruitment and retention to secure great schools for our children and communities
- are outward facing and support schools within and beyond our own trust
- continue to follow national agreements regarding School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions and the NJC Green Book, for teachers and support staff respectively
- continue to provide access to both the Teachers’ Pension Fund and the West Yorkshire Pension Fund
- value the importance of good industrial relations and we are proud to have great working relationship with Trade Union colleagues
As a trust leading school improvement locally and regionally, we offer:
- a coherent recruitment and retention strategy to secure the very best teachers, leaders and support staff for our schools
- access to our own school-centred initial teacher training via Exceed SCITT which grows the next generation of teachers for our schools and the region
- access to peer support networks of outstanding leaders and teachers across the trust covering the nursery, primary, secondary and alternative provision phases
- support from our high-quality, experienced central teams for finance, HR, estates, school improvement, GDPR and school governance
- bespoke support from our trust and school-based Research Champions, Wellbeing Champions and Parental Engagement Champion
- an extensive research and evidence-based CPD offer for all staff including the National Professional Qualifications as a lead school in the Carnegie Leaders in Learning licence
- opportunities for leaders and teachers to grow and develop by working beyond their own school to help other schools to improve their provision through school-to-school support deployments as National Leaders of Education (NLE), Local Leaders of Education (LLE) and Specialist Leaders of Education (SLE)
To arrange an informal initial conversation with us, contact our CEO, Duncan Jacques CBE:
- T: 01274 086 490
- E: email@example.com